Learning Fun for Kids Online

Home school and after school, kids online can access some great sites and games that are both educational and fun. This site reviews and links to the best, and also discusses some parenting articles and homework sites of interest to parents.

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Monster Mind Reader - Fun With 2 Digits

I revisited a favorite site of mine, CoolMath.com, and got a little weirded out by the cute little Mind Reader. Why? Cuz he's right every time!

I've seen it before (think of a 2 digit number; subtract the sum of the two digits from the original number, and your answer appears on the screen), but I've never really understood how it's done. I guess magic is the only explanation available to me.

Now I'm off to study the geometry of crop circles. And no, I don't think magic is at work here. Little green men seems perfectly reasonable.





categories

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Stephanie @ Thursday, November 05, 2009  

2 Comments:

  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it works in multiples of nines and when you click try again, the symbols change. i was intrigued by it as well, but i played with it until i figured it out myself

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Thanks for letting me know. I knew there was an explanation (other than magic)... of course, I still tell the kids not to say their chosen number out loud in case the mind reader "hears" them :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home